How to Use Folate for Mood and Stress Support: What Every Practitioner Should Know about Assessment, Dosage and Monitoring‡
Presented by: James Greenblatt, M.D.+
Wednesday, April 5, 2017 • 4:00 p.m. EDT
High dose L-methylfolate (5-MTHF) is a controversial yet effective, evidence-based tool in clinical mental health settings. In this webinar, Dr. James Greenblatt, M.D.+, will provide a practical overview on the proper use of L-methylfolate for mood and emotional support. Instructive case studies will be presented, followed by an interactive Q&A session.‡
- Understand the common assumptions and misconceptions surrounding folate supplementation in mental health settings
- Learn how the right supplement can provide optimal support in challenging cases
- Recognize common mistakes practitioners make when recommending folate
- Learn how to identify patients who are most likely to benefit from high dose L-methylfolate for mood support‡
- Learn which assessment methods and monitoring intervals to consider
James Greenblatt, M.D.+, has dedicated his professional career to integrative psychiatry. He has worked with thousands of children, adolescents and adults, employing both medical and complementary therapies to support mental health and well-being. Dr. Greenblatt is dually board-certified in child and adult psychiatry. He received his M.D. and completed his adult psychiatry residency at George Washington University in Washington, D.C., and completed a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Medical School. In addition to serving as the chief medical officer and vice president of medical services at Walden Behavioral Care in Waltham, Massachusetts, Dr. Greenblatt is a clinical faculty member in the Department of Psychiatry at Tufts University School of Medicine.
+Dr. Greenblatt has been retained as a consultant in advising Pure Encapsulations.