Influence of the Microbiome on Reproductive and Metabolic Health in Women
Presented by: Felice Gersh, M.D.+
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 • 4:00 p.m. EDT
The gut microbiome is highly responsive to diet, and impacts every aspect of physiology from digestion to endocrine function. In this webinar, Dr. Felice L. Gersh+ will discuss the clinical connections between the gut microbiome and women’s health, with a focus on nutritional support for ovarian function and metabolic homeostasis.‡
- Recognize gut health as a common barrier to successful interventions in women’s health care
- Review important facts about the gut microbiome and its role in reproductive function and hormonal balance in women
- Recognize food as both a hormone and a microbiome modifier that influences reproductive health
- Understand the impact of meal timing on a woman’s microbiome and endocrine system
- Learn how to support endocrine, ovarian and metabolic health using a nutritional approach that starts with the gut‡
Dr. Felice L. Gersh, a board-certified OB/GYN and medical director of the Integrative Medical Group of Irvine, CA, is one of a small number of fellowship-trained, integrative gynecologists. Dr. Gersh is an award-winning physician and renowned international speaker on ovarian health, menopause, cardiometabolic health, environmental toxins and other important issues affecting women of all ages.
+Dr. Gersh has been retained as a consultant in advising Pure Encapsulations.